*Update: I realized I forgot to post pictures of my finished product! Here they are:
Girl shirts, though soft, are incredibly thin and flimsy. Almost every single one of my t-shirts ends up with a constellation of tiny holes right near my belly button. Instead of simply throwing them out, I decided to recycle them into scarves.
All I did was:
1. Select two holey t-shirts from my closest
2. Cut the tops of them off, right under the ‘pits
I could have stopped there, because I had two tubes (two infinity scarves!), but I continued:
3. Knot the tubes together (get creative!)
4. Zhush (my new favorite word) the knot a little bit to look pretty
And that’s it!
Other ideas (since I’m obviously not the first to do this):
- Add a fringe by cutting little strips into your scarf. You could even knot beads to the ends! (Camp-style)
- Add a brooch (or hair clip)
- Dye it.
- Shred it.
- Stack ‘em.
- Bop it.
Any other ideas?